Sunday, September 09, 2007

Scotland vs Lithuania

Basically, i went to Hampden Park, Glasgow on saturday... it was the european qualifiers whereby scotland take on lithuania... Darren Flecther was the captain for scotland and Craig Gordon was the keeper..

Below is the ticket for the match...

Scotland vs Lithuania

This is a real ticket... the seat was 67, Row D at the South Upper stands...

I have to take a train to Hampden Park... The whole train was full of scottish fans.. most of them wearing the scotland jerseys, wearing the traditional kilts and covering themselves with the national flag... just awesome to see them supporting and cheering for their country..

Below are a few pictures of the stadium...

Hampden Park main entrance


The pitch and the colourful stands

Another view of the pitch and stands


A full house in the stadium with the players on the pitch

Scotland in blue jersey and Lithuania in yellow jersey


During the match


Polices on horses keeping an eye on the fans

Scottish fans on their way home after the victory
Well, in the end, scotland beat lithuania by 3 goals to 1.... the scorers for scotland were Boyd, Mcmanus and Mcfadden... I hope they do qualify for the european 2008 championships which will be co-hosted by austria and switzerland..
CHEERS SCOTLAND!!!
PS: I am working in hampden park in the kiosk selling foods and drinks... I never catch a glimpse of the players at all.. Crap!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home